From the recent Medicare Reform workshop:
Independent Payment Advisory Board Recommendations
Medicare Advantage – Past, Present, and Future (pdf)
Jay Crosson, M.D., Kaiser Permanente Institute for Health Policy
John Bertko, FSA, Brookings Institution
The Independent Payment Advisory Board (pdf)
Timothy Stoltzfus Jost
Medicare Workshop: The Independent Payment Advisory Board
Discussion Summary (pdf)
New Priorities for Future Biomedical Innovations
by Victor R. Fuchs
New England Journal of Medicine vol. 363, 8 (2010)
Medicare Reform Workshop
There were two main topics, both dealing with Medicare. The first was the Independent Payment Advisory Board and the possibilities for a stronger IPAB. The second topic was an evaluation of Medicare Advantage. This was the big reform of a decade ago or so. How did it work out?
Held at Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research on May 3-4, 2010
- IPAB Recommendations by Timothy S. Jost, J.D.
- IPAB Presentation by William J. Scanlon, Ph.D.
- Medicare Advantage History and Future by John Bertko, FSA, MAAA and F. Jay Crosson, M.D.
- The Independent Payment Advisory Board (pdf)
By Timothy S. Jost
NEJM, May 26, 2010
- John Shoven, Ph.D. - Director
- Victor R. Fuchs, Ph.D. - Head of Core Group
- Alan M. Garber, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gopi Shah Goda, Ph.D.
- Sharon L. Levine, M.D.
- Harold Luft, Ph.D.
- Steve Shortell, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.B.A.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, Ph.D. - Chair, Advisory Committee